Ayodhya to have world’s tallest statue of Lord Ram, says Yogi AdityanathNovember 25, 2018
Lucknow:The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh, has unveiled a proposal to construct a 221 meter tall Lord Ram statue near the banks of Saryu river in the temple city.
The announcement was made by the CM on Saturday night in the state capital after finalising the details of the construction following presentation by five companies.
Additional chief secretary (Information) Avnish Awasthi said here on Sunday that while the height of the Ram statue would be 151 metres, its overhead umbrella would be 20 metres while the pedestal would be 50 metres.
He said the statue will be made of bronze.
Awasthi said there will be a provision for a “modern museum” inside the base that will showcase the history of Ayodhya and the entire “Ikshvaku Vansh” right from King Manu to the present status of “Ram Janmabhoomi”.
The proposed museum will also house detailed description of all the “Avatars” of Lord Vishnu and have arrangements for depiction on the topic “Bharat ke samasta Sanatan Dharma” using state-of-the-art techniques.
A representational photograph of the statue was also shared with the media.
The artisans , who had built the Sardar Patel statue in Gujarat , were expected to build this Lord Ram statue.
“For the selection of appropriate land for this statue, soil testing, as well as wind tunnel testing, is going on at present,” said the official.
On October 31, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated world’s tallest 182-metre statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the country’s first home minister, in Gujarat.
However the Lord Ram statue is expected to measure 221 metres high – topping even the famed Statue of Unity in Gujarat.
The government did not divulge other important aspects of the statue, such as its possible location or costs.
- Junagadh Congress chief Vinu Amipara joins BJP ahead of polling for civic body election
- Pakistan reopens its airspace for all civilian traffic; Indian flights start operating on route again
- GSRTC hikes discount on tickets booked online
- Through different strategy, two-time finalist, Gujarat Fortune Giants will win PKL title this time: CEO Adesara
- 74 arrested for illegal lion-shows in Gujarat in last 2 years, govt. informs in assembly
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 days remand of 6 accused