Gujarat HC asks -what empowers malls to levy parking charges, fix next date of hearing for November 30November 27, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court today fixed the next date of hearing in the matter pertaining to levying parking charges by malls for November 30.
The double bench led by acting Chief Justice Anant S Dave asked the petitioner’s counsel to prove that he was empowered to levy parking charges.
The petitioner’s counsel when said that the high court in another order had allowed them to charge it, the court observed that it was in a different contest and did not empower them to levy parking charges.
The court said that it would hear the matter further on November 30 before passing an order.
Interestingly, the court despite questioning the powers of malls to levy parking charge and even passing a few strong observations, has so far not issued any formal order so far restricting the malls from taking parking charges.
The Ruchi Mall private ltd has challenged the former order of single bench judgement of justice (Ms) Bela Trivedi which allowed it to charge parking charges in a limiting manner after the first hour.
- Withdrawal of monsoon from Gujarat delayed for 9 th consecutive year, no signs of it happening anytime soon
- Crime Branch-ATS nab one from Ahmedabad airport in year 2003 Jihadi conspiracy case
- Live: Howdy Modi community summit - from Houston, America
- Depression off Gujarat coast to intensify but move away towards Oman
- Gujarat to end use of Non Judicial Physical Stamps from October 1: Revenue Minister
- PM Narendra Modi in Houston, America