Gujarat HC asks -what empowers malls to levy parking charges, fix next date of hearing for November 30November 27, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court today fixed the next date of hearing in the matter pertaining to levying parking charges by malls for November 30.
The double bench led by acting Chief Justice Anant S Dave asked the petitioner’s counsel to prove that he was empowered to levy parking charges.
The petitioner’s counsel when said that the high court in another order had allowed them to charge it, the court observed that it was in a different contest and did not empower them to levy parking charges.
The court said that it would hear the matter further on November 30 before passing an order.
Interestingly, the court despite questioning the powers of malls to levy parking charge and even passing a few strong observations, has so far not issued any formal order so far restricting the malls from taking parking charges.
The Ruchi Mall private ltd has challenged the former order of single bench judgement of justice (Ms) Bela Trivedi which allowed it to charge parking charges in a limiting manner after the first hour.
- Rainfall data from AMC area of Ahmedabad
- Gujarat Coronavirus updates in figures
- JioMart is ready to deliver in over 15 cities of Gujarat
- One of MLAs who resigned had visited State Congress chief a day ago to present Mango boxes
- Wouldn't continue in party that is into match fixing: Vaghela after his removal from State NCP chief post
- 8th Congress MLA resigns ahead of June 19 polling for 4 seats of Rajya Sabha