Fire limited to PBR2 plant, rest of refinery complex continuing normal operations: RIL on fire incidentNovember 29, 2018
Vadodara: Three laborers are reportedly dead in Reliance IPCL refinery due to blast in PBR-2 plant in Vadodara early in the morning today.
RIL has in a statement said:
In an unfortunate incident this morning a fire broke out in PBR2 plant of the Vadodara complex.
The fire was restricted to one section of the plant and timely action by Reliance fire fighting team helped in quickly extinguishing the fire.
Unfortunately three contract workers who were injured latter succumbed to injuries, despite the best efforts of the medical team. Our prayers and sympathies are with their families in their time of grief and will support the family to overcome their personal tragedy.
While an investigation will be conducted to ascertain the reasons of the fire, the rest of the complex is continuing with normal operations.
Vadodara: Three contractual workers of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) owned Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited (IPCL) were charred to death when a fire occurred in the Poly Butadiene Rubber-II (PBR-II) plant in Nandesari industrial area close to Vadodara in Gujarat.
Police said that the incident took place at around 0330 am when the fire suddenly erupted in the expander hot box. The deceased were identified as Mahendra Jadhav, Arun Dabhi and Pritesh Patel. All the three were residents of Vadodara. One of them was reportedly the supervisor and the other two were operators.
The fire was controlled soon.
Police said that an inquiry in to the incident including for ascertaining the reasons would be conducted.
Notably, the public sector IPCL was fully acquired by RIL in the year 2007.
- Junagadh Congress chief Vinu Amipara joins BJP
- Pakistan reopens its airspace for all civilian traffic; Indian flights start operating on route again
- GSRTC hikes discount on tickets booked online
- Through different strategy, two-time finalist, Gujarat Fortune Giants will win PKL title this time: CEO Adesara
- 74 arrested for illegal lion-shows in Gujarat in last 2 years, govt. informs in assembly
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 days remand of 6 accused