Second Russia-India-China ‘RIC’ Trilateral Summit takes place after a gap of 12 yearsDecember 01, 2018
New Delhi: Prime Minister Modi, President Vladimir V Putin of Russian Federation and President Xi Jinping of the People’s Republic of China, held a Trilateral Meeting in Buenos Aires today.
The three leaders exchanged views on expanding mutual cooperation in international forums, and to encourage greater interaction among the three countries. They agreed on the importance of reform and strengthening of multilateral institutions which have benefitted the world, including the United Nations, WTO and well-established as well as new global financial institutions. They underscored the benefits of a multilateral trading system and an open world economy for global growth and prosperity.
The three leaders also agreed to have regular consultations at all levels to jointly promote international and regional peace and stability, to strengthen cooperation through BRICS, SCO and EAS mechanisms, to address global challenges such as terrorism and climate change, and to encourage peaceful resolution of all differences.
The three leaders acknowledged the importance of cooperation in RIC format and have agreed to hold further such trilateral meetings on multilateral occasions.
- Gujarat CM launches ‘Gir cow gold milk’ distribution in Rajkot
- Guidelines for appointment in LCBs and duties issued for first time in Gujarat
- Water level of Sardar Sarovar dam increases by almost half a meter in a day
- Met extends heavy rain warning, parts of Gujarat see light to moderate rains
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh