SC recommends four names for elevation as Judges in Gujarat High CourtDecember 05, 2018
Gandhinagar: The Supreme Court of India collegium has recommended three lawyers namely Bhargav Dhirenbhai Karia, Megha Bhupendra Jani and Sangeeta Kamalsingh Vishen and a judicial officer Vishnukumar Prabhudas Patel for elevation as judges in the Gujarat High Court.
Sanctioned strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court is 52. If the Centre approve the recommendation of SC collegium, the strength of the Gujarat High Court will increase to 33 judges. Two sitting Gujarat High Court judges – Justices Mohinder Pal and RH Shukla – are due to retire this month.
- Rupani urges urban authorities to restore rain damaged roads before Diwali
- India’s First-Ever Institute Of Chemical Engineering And Technology To Be Setup In Gujarat
- Water level in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam touches 133 meters mark for the first time
- BJP councillor arrested in Surat for slapping SMC staffer
- SpiceJet to shift its entire operations at Mumbai to Terminal 2 from October 1
- Gujarat govt set up State Yog Board, appoints Ramdev disciple Shishpal as chairman