President Kovind likely to lay foundation stone for proposed Kevadia Colony railway station in Gujarat near Statue of UnityDecember 07, 2018
Kevadia Colony: Ram Nath Kovind, the President of India will lay foundation stone for construction of proposed Kevadia Colony railway station possibly on December 15 which is the death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Kevadia Colony is a place in Central Gujarat where world’s tallest statue ‘Statue of Unity’ of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is located.
The President will participate in prarthna sabha (prayer meet) at wall of unity.
Kevadia Colony is going to be connected through a new broad gauge line yet to be laid between Chanod and Kevadia Colony. Once the broadgauge line and railway station come up, the main Mumbai – Delhi railway line will have rail connectivity on eastern side to Statue of Unity site.
- Padma Awards 2020 announced: Balkrishna Doshi, Shahbuddin Rathod, HM Desai, Yazdi Karanjia, Bilakhia, Prof Jagdish Sheth among awardees
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed