Box of diamond containing around 99 carat of precious gem stolen during International exhibition in SuratDecember 15, 2018
Surat: A box of diamond containing around 99 carat of the precious gem worth around Rs 6 lakhs were stolen during a well known international diamond exhibition ‘Sparkle International 2018’ organized in Sarsana area of this southern city of Gujarat which is also known as the diamond city of India due to large presence of related cutting and polishing Industries.
The 3 day exhibition to be concluded on December 17, was inaugurated yesterday only.
Police Inspector of Khatodara police station here, M B Khileri today said that the diamonds were stolen from stall number of 212 in the B2B exhibition. The stall is of a Mumbai based diamond firm which also has its unit in Surat. They have lodged the complaint saying that a box containing several small diamonds worth around Rs 6 lakhs was stolen last evening,
‘During the investigation the person stealing the box has been identified on the basis of CCTV footage. He had taken entry in the exhibition through online registration and identified himself as on Prabhunath Mishra from Noida in UP. We are trying to nab him,’ the PI said.
The Southern Gujarat Chamber Of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) has organized the exhibition here at Surat, which is the world’s hub of Diamond cutting and polishing. It is the biggest Gems and Jewellery exhibition in Gujarat.
- AMC declares 31 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19
- All Fixed to Mobile calls to be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021
- Highest in a day till date, 1540 new cases of coronavirus reported in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital Ahmedabad renews MoU with Odisha Govt for two more years
- L&T Construction awarded large contract to build India’s longest river bridge
- 500 vaccines against coronavirus arrive at Sola civil hospital for trial: Nitin Patel
- 336 Oxygen beds, 56 ICU beds for covid patients to be ready in a week in new Kidney hospital building: Nitin Patel