SUMUL Dairy announces another reduction in milk procurement pricesDecember 26, 2018
Surat:The Surat District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd popularly known as SUMUL Dairy, one of the 18 dairies of Gujarat associated with brand Amul, has announced to decrease its milk procurement prices from by Rs 10 per kg fat with effect from January 1, 2019.
Managing Director of the diary S V Chaudhary told UNI that the procurement prices reduction was a seasonal affair and has been necessitated due to increase in milk supply and bleak export scenario.
He said that the procurement price of buffalo milk has been reduced from Rs 625 to Rs 615 per kg fat while that of cow milk has been brought down to Rs 570 from earlier Rs 580 per kg fat. It would be effective from January 1.
Notably on September 21 this year also the dairy which procures on an average 15 lakh liter of milk per day from around 2 lakh cattle owners in Surat and Tapi districts, had reduced the prices of buffalo milk by Rs 25 per kg fat and that of cow milk by Rs 30 per kg fat.
Chaudhary claimed that despite the second reduction in around three months the procurement prices were still better than many of the 18 dairies of Gujarat associated with brand Amul.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card