Controversy erupts as Sarangpur temple dresses Hanuman murti in Santa Clause like attireDecember 30, 2018
Botad: Controversy erupted in pilgrim town Sarangpur briefly today after murti of Hanumanji in main temple was dressed in Santa Claus attire. After protest by devotees and locals, Santa lookalike dress of murti was changed.
According to Viveksagar Swami, Kothari of Sarangpur temple, the murti was dressed in winter wear sent by America based devotee Dharambhai. Dharambhai had purchased and sent Santa Claus lookalike dress in red color with white boarder. The priests who dressed the murti in this wear were unaware about Santa Claus, a character originating in western Christian faith culture.
The temple administration soon removed Santa Clause attire and dressed the murti in other winter cloths after controversy erupted and attention was led.
- Ahead of winter session of parliament, PM attends all-party meeting
- Extension works of Ahmedabad Metro Rail up to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar would commence in June – 2020
- ACB in central Gujarat nabs Sarpanch and revenue employee red-handed taking bribe
- Amid ongoing high-voltage drama over Swami Nityanad Ashram run school in Gujarat, Police gives 'clean-chit' of sorts to the religious group
- Union health ministry launches nation-wide SAANS campaign from Gujarat to bring down Pneumonia caused mortality rate in Children
- ECI to establish a Visiting Chair in memory of former CEC T N Seshan: CEC Arora announces in Gujarat