Shell completes deal to acquire 100% equity in Hazira LNG & Port CompaniesJanuary 09, 2019
Dahej: Shell Gas B.V., a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc (“Shell”), announced today that it has completed acquisition of 26% equity interest in the Hazira LNG and Port venture in India from Total Gaz Electricité Holdings France (“Total”). “This brings Shell’s equity interest in the venture to 100%.
The move allows Shell to build an integrated gas value chain: supply from its global LNG portfolio, regasification at the Hazira facility, and downstream customer sales. It further enables Shell to contribute towards India’s long-term need for more and cleaner energy solutions.
Shell Energy India was established in 2017, to aggregate demand from downstream customers and secure competitive international supply to meet such demand. Having commercial and operational flexibility over Hazira will further enable Shell to offer better customer value propositions and build a pan-India gas business.
“Fifteen years ago, Shell invested in the Hazira project – the single largest foreign direct investment for India in the energy sector at the time. I am very proud that as a 100% shareholder, we will now be able to utilize this great infrastructure asset to its full potential and help provide much needed gas to serve the growing energy needs of India,” said Ajay Shah, Vice President Shell Energy Asia.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched