Gujarat govt to directly purchase renewable energy from those who produce 500KW to 4 MW of itJanuary 10, 2019
Gandhinagar:Gujarat government today announced that it would directly purchase renewable energy from those who produce 500 Kilo Watt to 4 Mega Watt of it.
Energy minister Saurabh Patel today said that Gujarat has set a target of production capacity building for 15000 MW more renewable energy in the next 3 years at an investment of Rs one lakh crore. Of this 10000 would be from Solar Energy sector and 5000 MW from wind energy.
‘The government would buy solar energy from those who produce 500 KW to 4 MW. They would be provided latest rates decided by the government. Of the wind energy almost 4000 MW would be taken from Kutch area alone and the remaining 1000 MW would be from the other parts of the state,’ he said.
Patel said that the government do an agreement for 25 years with those who sell the energy to it.
He also said that the union government was also going to set up a massive wind energy farm in the sea off Pipavav in Gujarat.
- Heavy rains in most parts of Gujarat; Anand receives 13 inches
- AMC declares 17 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 32
- 1092 new cases of Covid19 in Gujarat in 23 hours, taking total cases to over 75,000
- AMC asks establishments with over 30 staffers to appoint Covid Coordinator
- Narendrabhai Modi becomes India's longest serving Non-Congress Prime Minister; 4th longest serving Prime Minister overall
- AMC shuts Gwalia Sweet Shop, declares it Quarantine area
- AMC bulletin on Covid-19 situation in Ahmedabad City as on August 13
- Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and more; AMC names five over bridges in the city