MoU signed for Rs. 2500 crore proposed Rajkot greenfield airport near HirasarJanuary 10, 2019
Gandhinagar: Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Government of Gujarat and Airport Authority of India today here for construction of new greenfield airport near Hirasar in Rajkot district.
According to a note issued by government, the new 2500 acre airport will have 3400 meter long and 45 meter wide runway.
The new airport will be able to host 280-seat fast aircraft such as Airbus A320-200 and Boeing B-737-900 and therefore provide better connectivity to Rajkot and the region of Saurashtra.
There shall be two taxi-way on proposed airport along with apron rapid exit taxi track, terminal building, cargo, MRO hangers etc facilities.
The airport will come up over 1033 hectare area, of which 1500 acre land will be for airport development while 250 acre land will be green zone, 525 acre area will be for city side passenger facilities while 250 acre land will be for aviation park.
While Gujarat government will offer land for the airport, the Airport Authority of India will spend Rs. 2500 crore in phase-wise manner to develop the airport.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched