Union cabinet OKays Rajkot AIIMS for GujaratJanuary 10, 2019
New Delhi: Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has today approved setting up of All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) at Rajkot, Gujarat at a cost of Rs. 1195 crore. AIIMS at Rajkot will be set up under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)
Along with Rajkot, the union cabinet has today also approved setting up of AIIMS at Vijaynagar in Samba in Jammu and Awantipur in Pulwama in Kashmir
According to official note, Rajkot AIIMS will have medical college, Ayush block, auditorium, night shelter, guest house, hostels, residential etc facilities. 750 hospital beds at proposed Rajkot AIIMS include emergency/trauma beds, AYUSH beds, private beds, ICU specialty and super specialty beds. Rajkot AIIMS will have 100 UG (MBBS) seats and 60 B.Sc.(Nursing) seats, it will have 15-20 Super Specialty departments, around 750 beds, cater 1500 OPD patients per day and around 1000 IPD patients per month.
Union cabinet has also approved creation of one post of director for Rajkot AIIMS. Construction, operation, maintenance expenses of Rajkot AIIMS are fully funded/borne by the Centre, said a note.
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21