Nobel Laureate Sir Richard Roberts presented “Dhirubhai Ambani Life Time Achievement Award”January 11, 2019
Mumbai: Nobel Laureate Sir Richard Roberts was presented Dhirubhai Ambani Life Time Achievement Award today. Sir Richard Roberts, Ph.D. is Chief Scientific Officer in University of Sheffield, UK.
UDCT Alumni Association (UAA) and Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) “Dhirubhai Ambani Life Time Achievement Award” is sponsored by the Reliance Industries Ltd. This Award is in recognition of outstanding professional and educational contributions at large. The Award was instituted by the Reliance Industries Ltd. in the name of its Founder Chairman Shri Dhirubhai H Ambani. He dared to dream and made impossible possible. In the memory of this legend, Reliance Industries Ltd. have instituted the UDCT Alumni Association (UAA) – Dhirubhai Ambani Lifetime Achievement Award. It uses global yardsticks to recognize individuals with iconic achievements in the field of Science and Technology.
Sir Roberts has served as Consultant and Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board at New England Biolabs since 1974. He joined NEB as Chief Scientific Officer in 1992. Sir Roberts was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1993 for his contribution to the discovery of introns in eukaryotic DNA and the mechanism of gene-splicing. His current research interests focus on enzyme discovery using bioinformatics, combined with the experimental testing of function. His main responsibilities at NEB are to guide research and set the scientific goals for the company. Rich often gives lectures and presentations worldwide and investigates potential opportunities for both scientific and commercial collaborations. He has served on numerous scientific advisory boards and holds honorary degrees from several universities, including Doctor of Medicine degrees from the University of Uppsala and Bath University, and Doctor of Science degrees from Sheffield University and Derby University.
- Ahead of winter session of parliament, PM attends all-party meeting
- Extension works of Ahmedabad Metro Rail up to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar would commence in June – 2020
- ACB in central Gujarat nabs Sarpanch and revenue employee red-handed taking bribe
- Amid ongoing high-voltage drama over Swami Nityanad Ashram run school in Gujarat, Police gives 'clean-chit' of sorts to the religious group
- Union health ministry launches nation-wide SAANS campaign from Gujarat to bring down Pneumonia caused mortality rate in Children
- ECI to establish a Visiting Chair in memory of former CEC T N Seshan: CEC Arora announces in Gujarat