Ahmedabad Flower Show 2019 of AMC opens at Sabarmati RiverfrontJanuary 16, 2019
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today morning inaugurated the annual flower show of Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC) at Sabarmati Riverfront in the city. Rupani said the flower show this year is double in size compared to previous edition. He said there are as many as 7.5 lakh flowers in display this year in the show.
Some of major attractions in flower show this year include a bullet train replica made with flower, Mahatma Gandhi’s spectacles dressed in flowers to mark 150th year of Gandhi, replica of upcoming foot river bridge and more.
While visiting flower show, the citizens will also have a look of new Sardar Patel Institute of Medical Science & Research building which is to be opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi tomorrow. The Prime Minister is also going to throw open, Amdavad Shopping Festival at Sabarmati Riverfront tomorrow.
Timing of flower show: 10 am to 9 pm
Timing on January 7: 10 am to 2 pm
3 selfie points
50 food stalls
1.28 lakh square meter area
Green space dome
18 ft Teddy bear dressed in flower
Vertical garden displays
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested