Shankersingh Vaghela to contest LS polls from a North or Central Gujarat seat after joining NCP:BoskiJanuary 24, 2019
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat CM and union minister Shankersinh Vaghela who would formally join Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on January 29 here in presence of party president Sharad Pawar, would also contest Loksabha election on party ticket from a central or northern region seat,’ party’s state president Jayant Boski said today.
He said that the veteran leader would contest the LS poll on NCP ticket for sure.
‘We are in to discussions with him about the selection of seat for him. Currently we are focusing on three seats Kheda, Panchmahal and Mahesana,’ he said.
Boski reiterated that the 78 year old Rajput leader would be taken in the party as its national general secretary of NCP.
He said that the preparations for the workers meet here on January 29 during which Vaghela would join the party were on. Pawar and other senior leaders of the party would attend the meet.
Boski said that he Vaghela’s former MLA son Mahendrasinh who had earlier joined BJP but later left it was not going to join the party that day. He did not rule out the possibility of him following suit later.
To a query he said that NCP would contest the next LS polls in the state in alliance with Congress and the seat sharing thing was still under discussion.
Notably, Vaghela who has joined politics through Jan Sangha and continued in BJP but left it to make his own party Rashtriya Janta Party during his revolt to form his own government. He had later joined Congress and resigned from it too on July 21, 2017 on his 77 th birthday.
He had announced to quit active politics but led a front called Jan Vikalp Morcha in the last assembly election in Gujarat in 2017.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow