Non-Gujarati workers flee to native states after locals issue threat in rural KodinarFebruary 06, 2019
Kodinar: Non-Gujarati labourers working at Shapoorji Pallonji company’s site were forced to leave Chhara village in Kodinar taluka of Saurashtra region by local villagers.
Over dozen persons from Chhara village rushed to company’s labour colony and entered inside the rooms of non-Gujarati labourers who were in total number of around 150. Non-Gujarati labourers were threatened for attack and murder.
Company’s local security officer Jitendra Danabhai Parmar has filed police complaint in this regard. As per the complaint draft, at around 11.00 am when labourers were in their rooms, village sarpanch Bharat Raiyabhai Chudasama, Bijal Punja Chudasama, Natha Lakha Chudasama, Karsan Lakha Chudasama, Dinesh Balu Vansh, Rasik Bhupat Vansh, Pravin Bhima Chudasama, Sukhdevsinh Durbar and other 5-6 persons entered inside the colony and issued threat that only local villagers should be employed. Locals named above pushed security guard and threatened labourers. When company’s official Mr. Shrivastav intervened, he too was abused verbally with indecent remarks.
Around 150 labourers have left the company premises and migrated to their native states following this incident.
- In a way, I was a king of this area: Alpesh Thakor
- Dog puppies rescued from under the burning car in Surendranagar: video goes viral
- Delegation meets MoS Shipping in Delhi to seek Dahej - Ghogha Ro Ro ferry service back on the track
- Gujarat RTO HSRP fitment for old vehicles; online payment option made available, flow chart of the process
- Rupani on one-day campaign tour to Mumbai, here is schedule of his programmes
- 21-day long Diwali vacation 2019 in Gujarat schools to start on 24 October