Pond – 3, an ideal water body for seaplane operations at Narmada damFebruary 06, 2019
Statue of Unity: Sea plane operation requires at least 6 ft depth of water and 900 meter span of water body. As per the feasibility report by Airport Authority of India(AAI) ad department of Civil Aviation, pond number 3 was found perfect for sea plane operation at Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam. Pond – 3 is also called Panchmuli pond. It was used for boating once upon a time for visitors. In year 2013, in an unfortunate incident, a boat with 60 visitors stuck in pond and crocodiles surrounded it. The visitors were stuck for many hours inside the boats with muggers around. After this incident, boating was permanently stopped at pond – 3. Last month as many as 15 crocodiles were shifted from pond – 3 to other place reportedly in order to make possible sea plane operation here. However the procedure was stopped after January 24. Forest department has also carried out survey on number of crocodile in pond – 3 through 12 teams. The survey report has been handed over to Wildlife chief of Gujarat State. As per an estimate, there are 500 crocodiles in pond – 3 and pond – 4.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja