Night Safari, Ropeway among suggestions received by NTAC for ‘Statue of Unity’ siteFebruary 22, 2019
Statue of Unity: The National Tourism Advisory Council (NTAC) and other stakeholders met with Gujarat Tourism officials at Tent City, Statue of Unity, Kevadia in Gujarat on 21st February, 2019, to chalk out a strategy for bringing five million tourists to the Statue.
The Council came to the conclusion that the number of tourists visiting the Statue would touch three million in 2019, taking into consideration the footfall during the last two months.
Further, to reach the goal of five million tourists, a detailed proposal was made by the State Government.
After detailed discussions, it was suggested that the following additional facilities should be created at the Statue of Unity:-
-Ropeway between the Dam and Safari
-A check dam to be constructed about 10 kms downstream of the Dam so that boating and water sports would be possible for a length of over 10 kms from the check dam to the Statue.
-Amusement park of global standards
-State Bhawans to be built at the site
-Restaurant complex to be expanded with cuisines from all States
-Boat riding in the Dam
-Large number of mid-segment hotels to be set up on land to be leased out by Narmada Valley Development Authority on long term lease.
-Regular helicopter service to be started from the Statue to various towns in Gujarat
-Seaplanes to be operational from the Dam to various destinations.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja