Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka, Manmohan Singh to address Jan Sankalp rally, attend CWC meeting in Gujarat on February 28, State Congress chief shares detailsFebruary 25, 2019
Gandhinagar: After a gap of 58 years, the meeting of Congress party’s supreme body – Congress Working Committee(CWC) will be held in Gujarat – the land of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel. The meeting has been organized in Gujarat in response to GPCC(Gujarat Congress)’s request to mark 150 anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
State Congress president Amit Chavda today shared the details of upcoming CWC meeting, scheduled to take place on February 28.
He said, ‘at 9 am the leaders will arrive at city airport. They will then reach Sabarmati Gandhi ashram and participate in a prayer meeting. Later they will reach Shahid smarak in Shahibaug and offer floral tributes to martyrs. They shall then hold CWC meeting at Sardar Patel memorial hall nearby. They will reach Trimandir campus at Adalaj near Gandhinagar at 1 pm and address Jan Sankalp rally. Various committees are formed to welcome the national leaders of party.’
Chavda said, ‘Gujarat had hosted CWC meeting during 4-7 January1961 at Bhavnagar, during which resolutions were passed regarding Panchayati raj system, 3rd 5-year plan implementation, national unity, 1962 general elections of Lok Sabha and assemblies and more. The 1961 adhiveshan had also discussed then Indo-China border situation and related issues of internal and external situations in detail.
Chavda said the Jan Sankalp rally at Adajal will perhaps will be the first such occasion when Smt Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi and Dr. Manmohan Singh will be on one single stage.
It’s worth noting that senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel had visited the places including Trimandir Adalaj campus, Sabarmati Gandhi Ashram and Sardar Patel memorial hall in Ahmedabad last week to assess the preparations and provide guidance.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card