NGT orders closure of gasifiers plants of ceramic units in MorbiMarch 06, 2019
Morbi: National Green Tribunal (NGT) has ordered closure of industrial units in Morbi that are operated using coal gasifiers. NGT has asked Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB) to implement its order.
There are around 800 ceramic units in Morbi, of which 550 operate using coal gasifiers while over 50 units are under construction.
Ceramic unit operators criticized the decision of NGT claiming that production through gas as fuel would prove very costlier option and the units will not be in capacity to sustain in international market where there’s direct competition with China. They said the units that obey the rules of GPCB should be allowed to function.
More details are awaited.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card