Ashok Leyland bags GSRTC order for supply of 1290 BusesMarch 08, 2019
Chennai: Ashok Leyland, flagship arm of the Hinduja Group, and India’s largest Bus manufacturer, today announced that it had bagged an order from GSRTC (Gujarat State Roadways Corporation) for 1290 buses. This order comes closely on the back of 2580 bus orders received from various state transport undertakings recently.
Ashok Leyland is currently the 4th largest manufacturer of buses in the world and India’s largest bus manufacturer. This order would further consolidate its leadership position.
Speaking on the win, Mr. Sanjay Saraswat, Senior Vice President, Global Buses, Ashok Leyland, said. “With this order, our order book for State Transport Undertakings is upwards of 3000 buses.”
Vinod K. Dasari, Managing Director, Ashok Leyland, said the company will continue maintain leadership position in buses in India.
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported
- Amreli MP seeks Kendriya Vidhyalaya in constituency area; raises issue in Lok Sabha