Talala and Unjha assembly by-polls in Gujarat to take place with Lok Sabha electionMarch 10, 2019
Gandhinagar: By-polls for two assembly seats in Gujarat, Talala and Unjha will be held along with Lok Sabha poll on April 23.
Talala seat is vacant following disqualification of outgoing Congress MLA Bhagabhai Barad, announced by assembly Speaker after Barad’s conviction in mining case with 2-year imprisonment ordered by local court in Sutrapada.
Unjha seat is vacant as outgoing Congress MLA Ashaben Patel resigned from the Congress party and also from the assembly before joining BJP.
There are few more assembly seats vacant in Gujarat. They are Halvad-Dhrangadhra and Manavdar. However outgoing MLAs on both seats resigned from Congress party and State assembly only last week and therefore the Election Commission of India has not be able to announce parallel by-poll for these seats along with Lok Sabha general election as of now.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched