BTP to contest 7 seats: Chhotu Vasava announces to put pressure on Congress for allianceMarch 15, 2019
Bharuch: Apparently in order to put pressure on Congress party, Bharatiya Tribal Party (BTP) leader Chhotu Vasava has made announcement to field seven candidates in upcoming Lok Sabha election.
Vasava made this announcement on social media and stated that party will field candidates on Valsad, Bardoli, Bharuch, Chhota Udepur, Dahod, Sabarkantha and Silvasa seats. All these seats are tribal populated. Barring Silvasa, all other seats are in Gujarat.
Vasava’s party has also started exercise of selection of candidates.
Congress and BTP are in alliance in Bharuch district panchayat and also in State assembly.
Vasava’s candidate will be able to cause damage to Congress candidates in tribal populated seats. On the other hand, if Congress succumbs further to Vasava and allocate few seats to BTP, Congress will finish its own base in tribal area and completely hand over the belt to BTP.
Vasava is close to senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel. Both belong to Bharuch district.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja