Gujarat HC quashes stay on conviction and sentence of Bhaga BaradMarch 15, 2019
Ahmedabad: In a setback to Congress leader Bhaga Barad, the Gujarat high court today quashed the stay on his conviction and sentence that had been granted by a session court of Sutrapada in mineral theft cast.
Justice Soniaben Gokani of Gujarat High Court found the stay order was without any reason. Barad will need to go back to sessions court next.
Barad, an ex Congress MLA from Talala seat, was convicted and sentenced to two years imprisonment by a court in Gir-Somnath district in a case of illegal mining case. Days later he was disqualified as an MLA by assembly Speaker under the provisions of section 8 of Representation of People Act and related verdict by Supreme Court. He has also challenged it also alleging it was politically motivated.
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported
- Amreli MP seeks Kendriya Vidhyalaya in constituency area; raises issue in Lok Sabha