3 NRGs among total 7 NRI’s missing after terror attack on New Zealand mosques: NRGFMarch 16, 2019
Gandhinagar: Non Resident Gujarati Foundation (NRGF) of Gujarat government today said that only 3 NRGs were missing after the terror attack on two mosques in Christchurch city of New Zealand yesterday.
Mamlatdar Utsavbhai Bhatt said that as per the official information received from the Indian High Commission in New Zealand, a total of 7 NRI’s were in the missing list of which 3 were NRG’s.
Bhatt said that due to the local police rules and on going investigation procedure the names and other details of those missing have also not been officially revealed as yet.
He said that more details would be revealed later.
Notably in the incident of indiscriminate firing at least 49 people had died and more than 40 injured.
According to local reports among the missing were a father son duo from Vadodara and another person from Navsari district. Two others including a Maulvi and native of Bharuch and an Ahmedabad based man have been injured according to unconfirmed reports.
- Around 50% turnout in Junagadh Municipal Corporation election amid rains; Counting on Tuesday
- Rain continue to lash several parts of Gujarat, it is raining 'gold' for farmers
- Gujarat CM launches ‘Gir cow gold milk’ distribution in Rajkot
- Guidelines for appointment in LCBs and duties issued for first time in Gujarat
- Water level of Sardar Sarovar dam increases by almost half a meter in a day
- Met extends heavy rain warning, parts of Gujarat see light to moderate rains