Body of lion cub found in East Gir forests, most likely killed in in-fight of lionsMarch 19, 2019
Amreli: The dead body a lion cub was today found in Tulsishyam range of eastern extension of Gir forests in Amreli district of Gujarat.
A forest official said that the body of around 3 month old cub found in Bhaniya round of the forest in Khambha taluka had injury marks that indicated that it was most likely killed in an in-fight of lions.
He said that in May last year also the body of an around 6 to 7 month old cub was found in the same area. It was also killed in in-fight of lions.
Notably, Gir forests spread across over 1800 sq km in three districts Amreli, Juangadh and Gir Somnath of Saurashtra region of Gujarat was the only abode of Asiatic lions. According to last lion’s census of 2015, there were more than 500 lions in the forests.
- CMO nod for Rs. 216 crore Panam oriented water supply scheme; 53 ponds to be filled with water
- Man accuse of posting fake records of Chief Minister's vehicle online nabbed from Surat
- Leopard kills 70 year old woman in village near Gir East
- PM Narendra Modi to leave for week-long America visit today
- Corporate tax slashed to 22% for domestic, 15% for new domestic manufacturing companies
- Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractor