ACB nabs State GST officer cum assistant commercial tax commissioner red handed taking bribe in officeMarch 26, 2019
Ahmedabad:The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed red handed an state GST official and assistant commercial tax commissioner while he was taking a bribe of Rs 21 thousand in his office.
Assistant Commissioner of ACB D P Chudasama said that Rajesh V Sandpa, the tax official was nabbed from his office in the Bahumali bhavan near Lal Darwaza.
He had sought the bribe for decreasing the amount of tax and penalty in a notice issued to the owner of a firm for year 2014-15.
Based on the secret complaint of the owner of the firm a trap was today laid and Sandpa was nabbed red handed.
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested