Hardik can’t contest election: Gujarat High Court rejects his plea for suspension of Visnagar court convictionMarch 29, 2019
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court today rejected the plea of Congress leader and former convener of Patidar Ananmat Aandolan Samiti (PAAS) Hardik Patel seeking suspension of his conviction by Visnagar court to enable him to contest the coming Lok Sabha poll.
The court of Justice A G Uraizi had completed the hearing yesterday and pronounced the verdict today. It refused to put a stay on the lower court order.
It was not immediately clear as to whether Hardik after this jolt would approach the higher court or not. But if anytime in future he wants to contest election, he will have to get relief from the Supreme Court.
One of Hardik’s lawyers in the matter Salim M Saiyed said that they were awaiting the detailed order but would definitely suggest Hardik to move to the Supreme Court if he sought advise.
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days
- Water level of the Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam receding again after touching the historic FRL mark of 138.68 meter for the first time
- Will bring Indian envoys here for annual meet, this is start of New India: EAM S Jaishankar at Statue of Unity
- Full Reservoir Level 138.68 m achieved for the first time ever in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam, the lifeline of Gujarat
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam 99.56% full at 1 pm today, Just 13 cm below over-flow mark
- Sitharaman announces measures to boost housing, export sector, says inflation under control