Construction of jetty to operate transparent capsule boats commences at Statue of UnityApril 03, 2019
Statue of Unity: Construction work for a jetty in river Narmada has been commenced close to the Statue of Unity. The jetty will be used for operation of capsule boats to Statue of Unity. In order to operate the boats, a reservoir between Narmada dam to Garudeshwar weir dam will be filled with water. It will be a 12 km long and 35 metre deep reservoir with Narmada ghat on its both sides. The attractions to be offered here include speed boating, scooter boating, pedal boating, tube boating ec. Capsule boats to be operated here will be transparent. The attractions are likely to open by the end of this year.
- PM Narendra Modi's upcoming UAE, Bahrain, France visits
- PM Modi holds thirty-minute telephone conversation with Donald Trump
- Slab of under-construction water tank collapses in Ahmedabad
- Two children electrocuted while playing in an open space in Ahmedabad
- Jio tops 4G download speed chart; Vodafone in upload in July: TRAI
- Moderate tremor of 4.2 intensity felt in Kutch