RBI cuts Repo rates by 25 bps to 6 pcApril 04, 2019
Mumbai:The Reserve Bank of India on Thursday cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6 per cent.
Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) stands adjusted to 5.75 per cent, and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.25 per cent.
Announcing the first bimonthly policy, Governor Shaktikanta Das said that RBI has maintained the policy stance neutral and lowered the retail inflation and GDP forecasts.
The MPC also decided to maintain the neutral monetary policy stance.
These decisions are in consonance with the objective of achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth.
This is the second consecutive rate cut by the RBI.
- Fake news about demise of noted actor Feroze Irani prompts the veteran star to issue video message
- Young Asiatic lion in Gujarat killed due to snare trap, investigation on
- Fire in bank in North Gujarat, furniture, some cash, documents reduced to ashes
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted