Builder and former film-maker Yusuf Lakdawala nabbed from Ahmedabad Airport in Rs 50 crore land grabbing caseApril 13, 2019
Ahmedabad:Mumbai based builder and former film producer Yusuf Lakdawala and accused of a sensational Rs 50 crore land usurping case was arrested from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport here.
Police said that the Economic Offences Wing of the Mumbai Police along with local police nabbed Lakdawala who was reportedly trying to flee to London yesterday.
He was recently booked in the case of fraudulently grabbing more than 4 acres of land in Khandala.
Mumbai police had also issued a red corner notice against Lakdawala who had gone underground for sometime.
He was produced in a local court here and today taken to Mumbai for further action.
- Padma Awards 2020 announced: Balkrishna Doshi, Shahbuddin Rathod, HM Desai, Yazdi Karanjia, Bilakhia, Prof Jagdish Sheth among awardees
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed