Reliance Jio crosses 300 million customers mark; In Gujarat, Jio has over 1.95 cr usersApril 14, 2019
Mumbai: Telecom operator Reliance Jio has crossed the 300 million customers mark in two-and-a-half years of its operations. Of the total, the operator has over 1.95 crore users in Gujarat.
The milestone was reached on March 2. In its television commercials during the ongoing IPL season, Jio is shown ‘Celebrating 300 million users’.
Jio became the fastest company in the world to achieve 100 million telecom subscribers in 170 days of starting commercial operation in India.
In its earnings report for the quarter ended December 2018, Bharti Airtel had disclosed that it had 284 million customers.
However, as per regulatory filings, Bharti Airtel reported having 340.2 million customers on its network in December and 340.3 million customers at the end of January.
Bharti Airtel crossed the 300 million customers mark in 19th year of its operations.
Vodafone Idea became the largest telecom player in the country with 400 million customers following the merger of mobile business of Vodafone India and Idea Cellular on August 31, 2018.
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram
- Police harassment to NRIs outside Ahmedabad airport; Kheda MP writes letter to MoS Home
- Two brothers die in bike - BRTS bus accident at Panjrapol cross roads in Ahmedabad
- Giraffe at Statue of Unity Safari Park died of 'shock' for reasons including long travel and changed climate: PCCF Gujarat
- Electricity Duty waiver procedure goes online