Manufacturing court order is new low for Rahul Gandhi: JaitleyApril 15, 2019
New Delhi: Reiterating that ‘the lower he sinks, the higher we rise’, senior BJP leader and Union Minister Arun Jaitley said it is a “new low” for Congress president Rahul Gandhi as he manufactured a court order for his political propaganda.
“To manufacture a Court order for a political propaganda is a new low for Rahul Gandhi. The lower he sinks, the higher we rise,” Jaitley tweeted.
Jaitley’s reaction came hours after the Supreme Court has said Mr Gandhi in the media on the Rafale case verdict were “incorrectly attributed” to the apex court.
The Union Finance Minister said dynast also comes under the purview of the Supreme Court and rewriting court orders are not permitted by the Indian democracy.
“In Rahul Gandhi’s politics, the Right to Free Speech includes the Right to Falsehood.
“Truth holds together. Falsehood falls apart. Rahul Gandhi needs to learn this preliminary lesson of public discourse,” he added.
Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court made it clear that Rahul Gandhi has “incorrectly attributed” the apex court in the media on the Rafale case verdict.
On April 10, Mr Gandhi claimed that the Supreme Court in its judgement said “Chowkidar Narendra Modi chor hain”.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched