Amit Shah says BJP fielding Sadhvi Pragya against person who coined ‘Hindu terror’April 17, 2019
New Delhi: BJP president Amit Shah said on Wednesday that the party has decided that Sadhvi Pragya Thakur should fight against former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijaya Singh, as he was the man who coined the term ‘saffron terror’.
‘The BJP has decided to field Sadhvi Pragya Thakur in the elections against Digvijaya Singh, the man who created the term saffron terrorism,’ Mr Shah said addressing an election rally at Baramba in Odisha.
Lashing out at the Congress and its party president Rahul Gandhi, he said ,’Rahul Gandhi and Congress cannot secure the country, they can simply defame the Hindu religion all over the world by using Hindu terrorism and saffron terrorism.’
The BJP fielded Malegaon-blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur from Bhopal against Congress leader Digvijaya Singh.
Sadhvi Pragya formally joined the saffron party after a meeting with senior BJP leaders in Bhopal.
A special court framed charges in the 2008 Malegaon blast case against Lieutenant-Colonel Prasad Purohit, Thakur and five others for terror activities, criminal conspiracy and murder, among others. Thakur is yet to be discharged by the special NIA court in the case.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card