Sidhu the friend of PM Imran was acting as broker of Pakistan:Gujarat CM RupaniApril 17, 2019
Valsad: Hitting out at cricketer turned politician, Congress leader and Punjab minister Navjot Singh Sidhu for his reported appeal to Muslim community during a rally in Bihar to unitedly vote to oust the Modi government, Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani today said that he was a broker of Pakistan.
Talking to newsmen here Rupani said that the statement of Sidhu clearly showed how Congress was involved in appeasement of minorities and doing communal politics.
He said that Sidhu had also given pro-Pakistan statements in the past and even after Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF Jawans were martyred.
Rupani said that Sidhu was working as a dalal (broker) of Pakistan posing him as a friend of PM Imran Khan.
Interestingly, Rupani’s statement has come on a day when Sidhu is doing campaign for Congress in Gujarat.
Addressing a meeting in Dholka of Ahmedabad district Sidhu alleged that Modi government was not working for common people but was working for big corporates.
‘The NPA of banks which was just Rs 2 lakh crores during then PM Manmohan Singh’s tenure has now gone up to Rs 17 lakh crores. Modi government has failed to provide water to the needy people and employment to youths. 25 lakh government posts were lying vacant but the government was not giving jobs to youths who can be seen with a mobile in every nook and corner. The government should not try to threaten me and others. It was waging war against opponents from AC chambers and not in the people’s court,’ he said.
- Ahead of winter session of parliament, PM attends all-party meeting
- Extension works of Ahmedabad Metro Rail up to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar would commence in June – 2020
- ACB in central Gujarat nabs Sarpanch and revenue employee red-handed taking bribe
- Amid ongoing high-voltage drama over Swami Nityanad Ashram run school in Gujarat, Police gives 'clean-chit' of sorts to the religious group
- Union health ministry launches nation-wide SAANS campaign from Gujarat to bring down Pneumonia caused mortality rate in Children
- ECI to establish a Visiting Chair in memory of former CEC T N Seshan: CEC Arora announces in Gujarat