Scrapped note of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of over 7 lakhs fished out of river Sabarmati in GujaratApril 18, 2019
Ahmedabad: Amid election season, police in Ahmedabad today fished out scrapped old notes of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of approximately more than seven lakhs from Sabarmati river in the city.
Police said that base on an information the notes which were made invalid during the demonetization in November 2016, were recovered from the river close to a bridge on Dudheshwar area in the city.
Police said that the notes were wet and have so far been roughly counted and were over Rs 7 lakh in face value.
It was not yet know as to who had thrown it the river.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched