Bless me so that no one could taunt at me taking Gujarat’s name on counting day: PM ModiApril 21, 2019
Patan: Saying that he was son of Gujarat, PM Narendra Modi today urged the people of his home state to bless him by giving all the 26 seats to ruling BJP again and not to give the opponents any chance to ‘taunt’ at him on the day of counting.
Addressing his last election rally in Gujarat before April 23 polling on the final day of campaigning for the third phase in the university ground here, Modi said, ‘ On May 23 the counting day the result would be again for the Modi government. The country and you have already decided that but suppose if for any reason it did not happen. They the TV channels won’t debate anything else other than what happened in Gujarat. They will show only and only this. Will you let it happen. Whose responsibility is it to take care of this lad of your family.’
He said that the people of Gujarat were his seniors, Guru as well as friends. ‘I am son of North Gujarat, son of whole of Gujarat. I have right on you as much as you have over me. I in fact don’t even need to deliver speeches for votes here in my home. I have come to take you blessings. The whole of Gujarat should give me such blessing that no one get a chance to taunt at me,’ he said adding that he was born in this soil.
Modi said that like the former Army Chief General Kariappa he too felt most joyous when he got honour in his own land.
‘It gives me new energy and power and to do new things for my country,’ he said.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched