Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan roadApril 24, 2019
Mumbai: The Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL), South Asia’s largest hospitality company today announced the signing of a Taj hotel in Ahmedabad. This will be the fourteenth IHCL branded hotel in the state of Gujarat.
Commenting on the signing of this agreement, Puneet Chhatwal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, IHCL said, “We are delighted to partner with Sankalp In to introduce the iconic Taj brand in Ahmedabad.”
Located on Sindhubhavan road, close to SG road, the hotel is spread over 1.4 acres of land. Slated to open in early 2020, it will have 315 rooms, an all-day-diner, a speciality restaurant, a tea-lounge along with large banqueting and conferencing spaces to cater to the growing market needs. Additional facilities will include a spa, swimming pool and a fitness centre.
Kailash R. Goenka, Director, Sankalp In said, “Ahmedabad is the economic powerhouse of Gujarat and one of the major industrial cities in the country. We are proud to partner with IHCL and welcome its luxury brand – Taj to the city.”
The first city in Gujarat to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage City, Ahmedabad has grown to be the commercial and cultural hub of the state.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card