Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alertApril 24, 2019
Ahmedabad: Heat wave is likely to make a comeback in Ahmedabad and some other places after two day with it initially being in ‘orange alert level’ and later rising to ‘red alert level’.
The met bulletin has predicted no large change in maximum temperatures for two day but from April 26 it would rise by 2 to 3 °C.
A met official today said that on April 26 to 28 the maximum temperature in Ahmedabad is likely to remain above 44 °C (orange level) and after that for the next two days it might go up beyond 45 °C ie red alert level.
Today Amreli with 43.2 °C was the hottest while Ahmedabad at 41.9 °C (1.5°C above normal ) was second hottest. Yellow level general warning alert is sounded when maximum temperature crosses 42°C mark.
The High temperature warning of the met department was as following –
April 26, 27 and 28 – Heat wave conditions very likely to prevail at isolated pockets in the districts of Gujarat Region namely Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Vadodara and in the districts of Saurashtra- Kutch namely Kutch, Rajkot, Surendranagar, Amreli.
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested
- ACB nabs BSNL Engineer in South Gujarat taking bribe of Rs 70000/-
- Met issues heavy to very heavy rain warning for next 4 days in Gujarat, isolated places in central parts to see extreme downpour on August 26
- Sitaraman announces roll back of super-rich tax surcharge on FPIs, other measures to boost economy
- BJP suspends AMC Councillor Pulkit Vyas after his video indicating corrupt practice goes viral