Gujarat govt. orders probe in to alleged less weight of fertilizer sacks of GSFC and GNFCMay 10, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today ordered probe in to the issue of alleged ‘less’ weight of the sacks of fertilizers sold by government run Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals (GNFC) and Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals (GSFC).
CM Vijay Rupani and Agriculture minister R C Faldu said that the matter would be probed and whoever was found responsible for it would be dealt with strictly.
The opposition Congress had made it an issue. GPCC president Amit Chavda who visited a fertilizer shop and checked the fertilizer sacks weight, alleged that the weight of 50 kg sacks were less by 200 gms to 1 kg.
‘Earlier we had seen Rs 4000 crore groundnut scam and then Tuver pulse scam and now this fertilizer issue clearly shows that the government was hand in glove with the officials of the government run fertilizers companies in this matter,’ he told newsmen.
Meanwhile various government teams sealed various godowns of fertilizers after checking weights. The sale of Sardar DAP fertilizers has been banned at various places.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday