Dharmaj repoll witnesses 78.07% turnoutMay 12, 2019
Anand: Repolling at Dharmaj village based polling booth for Anand Lok Sabha general elections 2019 in Central Gujarat concluded today with higher turnout than April 23 at 78.07%.
There were less than 900 registered voters eligible to cast their vote in today’s repoll. There are total 12 candidates in fray for Anand Lok Sabha election. Main fight is between former State Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki and district unit BJP treasurer Mitesh Patel (Bakabhai).
Collector cum Returning officer Dilip Rana said that the polling held on booth number 239 under Sojitra assembly segment of Anand LS seat on April 23 in the third phase when all the 26 seats in Gujarat had gone for polls simultaneously, was cancelled due to incident of bogus voting.
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram
- Police harassment to NRIs outside Ahmedabad airport; Kheda MP writes letter to MoS Home
- Two brothers die in bike - BRTS bus accident at Panjrapol cross roads in Ahmedabad
- Giraffe at Statue of Unity Safari Park died of 'shock' for reasons including long travel and changed climate: PCCF Gujarat
- Electricity Duty waiver procedure goes online