Fire in Apple Children hospital at Parimal Cross Roads in AhmedabadMay 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: Fire broke out in a building at Parimal Cross roads on CG Road today post noon. The building houses Apple Children’s hospital on its top floor. At least four vehicles of Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Service rushed to the spot and controlled the fire. None casualty or injury was reported.
AMC Fire and Emergency Service officer Rajesh Bhatt said fire is controlled and doused. Fire in this incident appeared massive due to heavy smoke resulting from burning of FRP sheet shade. Roof-top facility of Apple children hospital is gutted but children were admitted on the other floor. They were shifted due to possibility of spread of smoke.
Statement by Apple Children Hospital
On the afternoon of 13th May , 2019 Monday, a fire broke at the rooftop of Dev Complex which houses our hospital on the fourth floor. The roof top had some discarded materials including some old, broken furniture, which alongwith the fibre shade used for protection caught fire that caused heavy smoke from that area. The police and Fire dept were informed quickly.
Before the fire could affect the floors below, as a preventive measure, all the infants and child patients were quickly evacuated to a nearby hospital and they are safe.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched