Met issues yet another non-seasonal rain warning for North Gujarat/Saurashtra-Kutch regionMay 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: The met department today issued non-seasonal rain/thunderstorm warning for Banaskantha, Rajkot and Kutch district for a day on May 15.
The met bulletin issued by the IMD center here today said, ‘ On May 15, thunderstorm and lightning accompanied with gusty winds (30-40 kmph) likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha; in the districts of Saurashtra-Kutch namely Rajkot and Kutch.’
A met official attributed change in wind pattern as its reason.
The state has recently seen two spells of such rain in parts of North Gujarat and Saurashtra regions.
Meanwhile temperatures across Gujarat today remained moderate with Rajkot remaining hottest at 42.3 °C. Ahmedabad and Amreli were second hottest at 41.8 °C. Only five places saw mercury crossing 40 °C mark.
- Ahead of winter session of parliament, PM attends all-party meeting
- Extension works of Ahmedabad Metro Rail up to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar would commence in June – 2020
- ACB in central Gujarat nabs Sarpanch and revenue employee red-handed taking bribe
- Amid ongoing high-voltage drama over Swami Nityanad Ashram run school in Gujarat, Police gives 'clean-chit' of sorts to the religious group
- Union health ministry launches nation-wide SAANS campaign from Gujarat to bring down Pneumonia caused mortality rate in Children
- ECI to establish a Visiting Chair in memory of former CEC T N Seshan: CEC Arora announces in Gujarat