News in brief from across GujaratMay 13, 2019
Gandhinagar: Spicejet Bengaluru – Ahmedabad flight late by 6.5 hours once again. Total 36 flights connecting to Ahmedabad were late today.
-Uproar in parents as 50 students of class 11 declared failed by Ahmedabad’s St Xaviers’ school, promotion to class 12 promised only if they leave science stream.
-20 persons are injured in Morbi due to dog bite by a rabid dog. Injured were taken to government hospital for treatment.
-SP of Junagadh has suspended police sub inspector and two constables who allegedly lathicharged a TV media journalist covering Swaminarayan temple board election in Junagadh on Sunday.
-District headquarters Botad gets rain.
-Incumbent Acharya paksh has won Junagadh Swaminarayan mandir election by winning one seat of parshad category and all four seats of gruhasth category. Dev paksh has won two seats of saints category. With this results of all seven seats are out. Acharya paksh will continue to rule the temple board.
- Fake news about demise of noted actor Feroze Irani prompts the veteran star to issue video message
- Young Asiatic lion in Gujarat killed due to snare trap, investigation on
- Fire in bank in North Gujarat, furniture, some cash, documents reduced to ashes
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted