Amit Shah interacts with media on ‘TMC goondaism’ in West BengalMay 15, 2019
New Delhi: BJP chief Amit Shah today addressed the media and held interaction over Mamta Banerjee led TMC’s ‘goondaism’ against main political rival BJP in TMC ruled West Bengal in the backdrop of last evening violence during Amit Shah’s roadshow in Kolkata.
Highlights of Amit Shah’s briefing:
-BJP is contesting elections in all states against various political parties. At no place, violence has occured. If BJP was responsible for violence, why not at other places and why only in Bengal? It is TMC which is responsible for this violence.
-I couldn’t survive if Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was not there.
-A vehicle burnt doesn’t belong to TMC cadre but a BJP cadre. Why BJP cadre would burn own vehicle?
-The college gate was locked. An idol of Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar was inside a college room. TMC goons vandalized the idol inside a room to gain sympathy. While TMC workers were inside the college campus, BJP workers were outside. The incident took place at 7.30 pm. The college was locked. Who opened the lock? Who is in administrative control of the college? It is TMC. In order to do vote bank politics, Vidyasagarji’s statue was vandalized? Who gave key of the room in which the statue was placed? The lock was not broken? How BJP workers would get the keys? BJP workers were on road and not in campus.
– I have addressed 16 public meetings in West Bengal and I can say BJP is going to win minimum 23 seats in West Bengal.
– 60 political activists were killed during Panchayat elections in West Bengal. In entire country, there’s no other example of so many killings during elections.
– I had organized a press conference on 17th. You people ask me figures in every interview and interaction regarding the number of seats BJP is going to win. I have visited Bengal and roamed across the country. At the end of 5th and 6th phases , BJP has on its own gained majority, and after 7th phase, BJP on its own is going to cross 300-seat figure. NDA government will be formed under the leadership of Narendra Modi. In Bengal, the anger has converted into vote.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja