Metro services to be operational at Amraiwadi station from May 18: GMRCMay 16, 2019
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (GMRC) today announced to start operation of the metro rail services at Amraiwadi station from May 18.
A statement issued by GMRC today said that services at Amraiwadi station would be started from May 18.
Notably after the inauguration of the services On March 4 by PM Narendra Modi the much-awaited Metro rail project in Ahmedabad, the largest city of his home-state Gujarat was started for public from March 15 between Vastral Gam and Apparel park. On April 15 the services were started at Nirant Cross Road station.
PM Modi after flagging off the train to inaugurate the phase one of the metro project had also boarded it at Vastral Gam station to reach Nirant Crossing station and return back to Vastral. This is part of the 6.5 km section of East-West Corridor of the project.
More details about the project-
The total length of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-I is about 40.03 km out of which approximately 6.5 km is underground and the rest is elevated section. The project will connect 4 corners of the Ahmedabad city with 2 corridors and 32 stations.
North-South Corridor with a length of 18.87 km will connect Motera Stadium to APMC, Vasna and will be passing through Sabarmati, AEC, Sabarmati Railway station, Ranip, Vadaj, Vijaynagar, Usmanpura, Old High court, Gandhigram, Paldi, Shreyas, Rajivnagar and Jivraj stations. North-South Corridor will be completely elevated with 15 stations.
The length of the East-West Corridor is about 21.16 km with 17 stations in the route. This corridor will connect Vastral Gaam to Thaltej Gaam and will be passing through Nirant Cross Road, Vastral, Rabari Colony, Amraiwadi, Apparel Park, Kankaria East, Kalupur Railway Station, Ghee Kanta, Shahpur, Old High Court, Stadium, Commerce Six Road, Gujarat University, Gurukul Road, Doordarshan Kendra, Thaltej stations. In the East-West corridor, approximately 6.5 km is the underground section with 4 underground stations and the rest is the elevated section with 13 elevated stations. Old High Court station will be an interchange station for both the corridors.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card