Mobile phone of deceased TV desk journo Chiragh Patel recovered from a manMay 16, 2019
Ahmedabad: The crime branch of Ahmedabad police has recovered the mobile phone of deceased TV journo Chirag Patel, whose body was found in the outskirts of Ahmedabad city in March this year.
A police official said that the mobile phone has been recovered from a man in Kathwada area. He had deleted the data of the phone. The phone was tracked on the basis of technical probe and IMEI number.
It was being investigated as to how the man had got the mobile phone of Chirag, who worked on the desk of a local Gujarati channel. It is also being interrogated whether he had deleted the data from the phone just to use it or he had some other intention. Did he know Chirag in anyway or not.
During primary interrogation he has said that he did not know the deceased and had lifted the phone from a place near his body without seeing the body.
Police has sent the phone to the FSL for retrieving data and other investigation.
Notably, it was not yet clear whether Chiragh whose body was found in a secluded area in Naroda area, was murdered or had committed suicide.
His mobile phone was not found when his body was recovered by the police.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card