Non seasonal rain in parts of North Gujarat and Saurashtra under influence of system over West Rajasthan and adjoining PakistanMay 17, 2019
Rajkot/Palanpur: Parts of North Gujarat and Saurashtra region today witnessed non seasonal rain, thunderstorm and hailstorms.
Under the influence of an upper air cyclonic circulation lying over west Rajasthan and adjoining Pakistan rain occured in parts of Rajkot, Amreli, Bhavnagar, Sabarkantha, Aravalli and Mahesana districts.
Several kutcha houses in coastal Devpara village were damaged due to strong winds.
Earlier parts of Banaskantha district had also seen rain last evening.
Meanwhile met department has not predicted any more non seasonal rain in next five days. The met bulletin today also said that there won’t be any large change in maximum temperatures in next 2 to 3 days. The temperatures remained moderate with Gandhinagar remaining hottest at 40.4 degree Celsius. Ahmedabad at 39.9 was 2 notches below normal.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card