Air India plane to Muscat makes emergency landing at Jamnagar Air Force baseMay 20, 2019
Jamnagar: Air India aircraft on Delhi – Muscat(Oman) route, last evening had emergency landing at Jamnagar based Indian Air Force(IAF) base in Gujarat due to medical emergency of an Indian passenger aboard.
According to Defense spokesperson for Gujarat region, AI 973 flight on Delhi – Muscat route was diverted to Jamnagar based Air Force base in Gujarat at 10.30 pm with Indian passenger aged 33 suffering cardiac arrest in flight.
Defense spokesperson said, IAF responded promptly and a patient was shifted to hospital accompanied by IAF doctor.
A spokesperson added that diversion to civil airfield would have taken more time and therefore a decision was made to do emergency landing at Air Force base.
- CMO nod for Rs. 216 crore Panam oriented water supply scheme; 53 ponds to be filled with water
- Man accuse of posting fake records of Chief Minister's vehicle online nabbed from Surat
- Leopard kills 70 year old woman in village near Gir East
- PM Narendra Modi leaves for a week-long America visit
- Corporate tax slashed to 22% for domestic, 15% for new domestic manufacturing companies
- Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractor